every chance in the world

love your enemies.
do good to those who hate you.
bless those who curse you.
pray for those who mistreat you.
lend without accepting anything back. 
be merciful just like Jesus.
don't judge and you won't be judged.
don't condemn and you won't be condemned.
forgive and you'll be forgiven.
give and it will be given to you.


I want to be just like Jesus. It's not as easy as it sounds, huh? Oh, it might be simple -- love. But that's not easy for us humans. Wouldn't it be awesome if I could just be and do all of those things, those characteristics of Jesus? To love and bless and pray and be merciful and not judgemental and to be forgiving and generous?

Anything is possible.

Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it."



I love The Message version of the Bible.
I can't do it on my own. Pfft, do I think I can do this myself? Well, I can't. And what's it say? Every chance in the world if you let God do it. I seriously do love that. Every chance in the world.

Each day, I'm going to take one off the list and kind of try and focus on it. It's not easy. Alone, it's impossible. But with God? Anything is possible. Everything is possible.

I can do anything through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Comments

  1. I love that last verse you used 'cause it's so true! :) I like your idea about focusing on one thing from the list each day until you have them all taken off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen, em! i've been loving your posts lately! they've been exactly what i need to hear :)

    <3anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. :) I think I'll try that list also, thanks for compiling it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was awesome! My favorite post of yours so far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

comments are fun.