Carving

Swathing chains lopped round wrist and thigh 

Tied like noose never pulled tight 

Leading down blind alleys 

Enslaved 


Chains say: 

I am what you see of me 

And I can't let them go, 

Is there a key? 

I want to be free 

Is there life apart from these chains?

If I'm not what you see of me,

what you think and say,

What else is there to be?

What other reason to be? 

Yet the chains are causing bleeding 

And soon the ground will have all the

blood from my veins 

That will be the end 


Is there more? 

Am I more than the promise of this chain

Ever elusive 

Empty promising 

What you see of me 

Changes 

and I'm bleeding 

Is there another path

A key I can find 

Or carve 

I'll carve a key

I'll carve a key 

If there is a way after chains

If there is a me after what you see 

If there is a home after the chains of 

What you say and think of me 

I'll carve a key 

I'll carve a key 


My chains are my path

Without my chains

Where do I go?

Chain is direction 

Is certainty 

Yet chain is pain 

I'm bleeding 

Chain is your impression 

Chain is your affirmation

Chain is your rejection

Chain is your indifference 

I've put it all in the hands of 

Chain and I'm dying 

Yet even if I can get out 

Is there life anywhere else? 


If I'm not what you see 

What you say and think 

Who am I? 

Where am I going?

What am I doing? 

Why? 

If I'm not what you see 

Why am I breathing?


My heart cries 

I'll carve a key

If there's a path 

Apart from chains 


Comments